About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Day

Yesterday was May Day, but I didn't make a May basket or dance around a maypole.  I started the overwhelming task of cleaning out closets and cupboards and trying to get rid of stuff I don't need anymore. I started in Sierra's dresser and got rid of several clothing items that are too small.  Left are about 1000 t-shirts and not enough pairs of shorts for the summer, so now I know what I need to get on my next trip to Target!  I love Target.  It's about the most expensive place I shop.  Ain't life grand? 

Oh, yes and she needs new swimsuits, too.  I told her to stop growing but she just won't listen!

After that I tackled the upstairs bathroom closet and cupboards.  Then the downstairs closet which is big and was full of so much stuff I had to empty it out just to get started.  I finally threw away the attachments to the vacuum that I bought used about 25 years ago.  I don't even know where the vacuum itself is anymore.  I think I may have lost it in one of my divorces.  (Yes you can have the vacuum but I'm keeping these attachments...?)

After that, the kitchen spice cabinet.  I actually know what spices I have now, but what I don't know is what possesses me to buy spices I never use.  At least I get them from Common Ground so I don't buy a big bottle, just a tiny little plastic baggie.   So now I know that I have some cumin, some ground cloves, and several little baggies of curry powder.  Some of that will probably end up in hummus soon.

I think that is a good start.  It took most of the day.  I rearranged the furniture in the family room after that.  Then I sat on my happy behind and relaxed. 
It was a good May Day! 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It's nice to have a happy behind!