About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, May 21, 2010

A New Way of Looking at Things

For Sierra's birthday party, the goody bags contained some candy, a nice mechanical pencil, and some googley-eye glasses.  Somehow none of the extra candy or pencils found their way from Francisco's house to my house, but a pair of googley-eye glasses did.  And Thursday night we all tried them on.  The results were, well, frightening.  First Jeremiah donned them:





Then Sierra.



Jeremiah was so frightened of how my face looked that he took this picture first:

Finally he got it right:


There was a piece on NPR this week about Allen Ginzburg, the beat poet. He apparently was also quiet an accomplished photographer. One bit of advice he got from another photographer was to include the hands in the photo when shooting a portrait. So I put my hands in the picture. Does it make you want to Howl? Hahahaha.


Allen Ginzburg, the beat poet, was also famous for, get this, being a connoisseur of soups. That's right. Can you really get famous for that? If so, I may be famous yet for my connoisseurness of hummus. Or my making-up-of words. Or my photography. Or I may never be famous. Yeah, that sounds about right.


 Fianlly, we put the glasses on Wolf. 


  The SPCA will be coming to talk to me soon, I'm sure.

Have a great day, and try to see things just a little differently today!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

You look like a character from a Flannery O'Connor story that was ultimately too scary ever to write.

Kim said...

I didn't know there could be anything so scary that FOC wouldn't take it on. I must look really really REALLY scary. I'm really, really, really sorry if I scared you.