About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Farmer's Market is not Your Farmer's Market

The first downtown Bloomington Farmer's Market of 2010 was yesterday.  I had to talk the kids into going to it, because there are no video games, water slides, or Disney Channel at the market.  The kind of thing that makes it so great for grownups!  I succeeded in talking them into it mostly because they couldn't remember exactly what it was.  So, then I felt so excited, I decided we should take Wolf.

It was a good idea.  He's a friendly dog.  Nice with children.  Nice with people.  I could see myself strolling through the booths with Wolf on the leash getting petted and admired by all, while the kids ran around and got excited about organic carrots.  But I forgot something. 

Wolf is a boy dog.  Boy dogs have to pee on everything they haven't peed on in the last 15 minutes.  So, as soon as we parked the car and got out, Wolf started trying to pee.  I kept him away from the people having breakfast on the sidewalk in front of Kelly's, from the planters on Center Street, and the stoplights.

Then we crossed Washington to get to the courthouse square, and he leapt up onto the grass, where he could pee and pee and pee.

Wolf loved the Farmer's Market.  He got to sniff some new dogs, and pee on all four sides of the courthouse lawn.  I didn't get to look at a single booth.  The kids were cold and whiny and had no interest in anything except getting back to the car.

After that fiasco, we went to Target.  The kids both got new swimsuits and Sierra got some summer clothes that will actually fit her.

Wolf stayed in the car.

Note:  no organic vegetables were harmed in the making of this blog entry.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

And pee was had by all!