About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, December 31, 2010

It's Gonna Be a Great Year!

This morning I have been lying in bed and listening to the thunder, the rain, the wind.  It is New Years Eve in Central Illinois and we are supposed to hit a high temp near 60 today.   Last weekend the big snow.  This weekend, who knows?    Anything might happen.  Of course that's true any day, any moment, not just when the weather pattern gets wacko on us.

Anything might happen so here are some predictions for 2011, and maybe a resolution or two thrown in for good measure.

1.  Sarah Palin will convert to Buddhism.
2.  The Cubs will win the World Series in 7 games, beating the Cleveland Indians in the bottom of the ninth with a walk-off grand slam by a player to be named later.
3.  The President of the United States will declare 2011 to be The Year of Hummus.
4.  Pesticide companies will stop using chemicals and switch to all-organic formulas because it is the right thing to do.
5.  Sierra will make a basket in one of her games.  It will be a three-point shot, "nuthin' but net."  Then she will smile and go back to her catch-dribble-pass the ball style of play.
6.  I will get more disciplined about my writing and even submit a story somewhere, somehow, this year.  (see I told y'all there'd a resolution in here somewhere.)
7.  One of my kids will ask me how babies get made.  When this happens we will be driving down the expressway at 70 mph and they won't take "i will tell you later for an answer."  So I will pull over into a McDonald's parking lot, get them some French Fries, and  later I will try to remember the look on their faces when they find out.
8. The company I work for will at least try to stop micro-managing the workers.

9. The Pope will admit he doesn't know any more about God than Joe-the-Plumber does.
10. A man will start appearing in some of my blog postings.    (It will not be the Pope or Joe the Plumber.)

Happy New Year to you all!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Giggling madly! Bouncing a little.

Susan said...

If the blogman isn't the Pope or Joe the Plumber, it must be the President, a Cub, or Sarah Palin, who in addition to converting to Buddhism (I WISH!) will also come out as a dude.

Ellen said...

What am I getting into? LORD HAVE MERCY

Connie Lou said...

When the time comes for number 7, be sure to ask them what they already (think they) know. You may be surprised that someone at school has given them some information already. If you want details of what I went through with B, just let me know. Great story! ;)