About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Packages Unwrapped and Smiling Kids

Christmas Eve we had a beautiful snow.  It might be the prettiest Christmas morning ever right now.  I love how the snow makes everything look new and clean and the world so quiet.

Getting to church was a little bit of a challenge but well worth the effort.  The service is familiar, and always manages to touch my heart deeply.  Beginning with Bob playing the guitar while Susan sings "Noel:  Christmas Eve, 1913" to the reading from John at the end, every moment reminded me of the miracle of love and compassion that we celebrate on Christmas. 

In him was life and the life was the light of men.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

My kids were thrilled with each and every gift they received.  They professed undying love to each other, their parents, their dog, and thanked us profusely.  They both said it is "The Best Christmas Ever."   

The surprse gifts, the little iPod shuffles were a big hit. 




Every gift was a big hit.  The boxes that the gifts came in were even a big hit for Sisi, who has already created a house for her stuffed kitty that came in one of the boxes.




The kids have gone over to Francisco's house now.  I'm going to take a little nap then head over later so we can all share a meal together. 

Merry Christmas one and all!

2 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

So I was wrong about the kittens? (I meant real live mewling ones, not a stuffed one. I think kittens are just what your household needs!)

I have another comment but will refrain from making it since it's actually more of a question ....

THANK YOU for the little gift -- and YES we got it. Only problem is we have no doorknob, hahaha!

Kathleen said...

Merry Christmas!!