About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Cheese Puff Angel

Yesterday was Susan's day to be my angel.  She went to the Jewel-Osco for me and bought the following items on my list. 

1.  Ice cream - 2 flavors! 
2.  Wine - 2 bottles!
3.  Potato chips
4.  Cheetos cheese puffs
5.  Kleenex - 2 boxes

We were going to try to have a cocktail hour on Skype, but when she called in the early evening, Jeremiah and I were watching Despicable Me, which is absolutely my new favorite kids movie.  I'm going to watch it again today.  I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.  It makes me laugh and smile just to think about it.

In case you are worrying about the junk food sitting in my kitchen, there is still chicken soup in the fridge that I made earlier in the week.  And another angel is going to Common Ground, the health food grocery store in downtown Bloomington today, to pick up my supply of organic groceries that come in every Friday.  Last time I did this, I got:

1.  Red raspberries
2.  Local salad greens - a huge bag!
3.  5 tangerines
4.  3 big juicy apples
5.  Fresh green beans - a big bag
6.  2 avocados
7.  a big bunch of carrots
8.  a bag of celery

and a partridge in a pear tree!

It's amazing to get such fresh and delicious produce this time of year.  So by tonight we will be having some healthier food.  Although the cheese puffs seem to have some magical healing powers for the kids.  Sierra went back to school today.  Jeremiah is feeling alternately better and cruddy again.  Right now he feels cruddy but he hasn't had his dose of cheese puffs yet, either. 

5 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Actually I bought six bottles of wine -- if I go in to buy one I buy six because of the 10% discount because I am thrifty. Well, and a lush.

Glad Sierra is better, hope Jeremiah gets better soon too, and that you do not get sick! Better have some cheese puffs yourself.

Susan Ryder said...

To clarify, I bought six bottles and brought four home. Drank one last night (shared some with Bob) while not SKYPE'ing with Kim.

Ellen said...

Man, I got jipped. My mom gave me tea and toast, not wine and cheese puffs when I was sick

Robert said...

You give medicine no doc could match!

Collagemama said...

Actually, I'm seeing kids making cheese puff angels like snow angels in drifts of that magical orange stuff.