About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lab Rat Mom

Today, Saturday, is Day Nine of the "How Long Can Kim Stay Sane While Inside the House More or Less Continuously with One, Two, or Possibly Three Sick People and a Healthy Old Dog" experiment.

Yesterday I did venture out a bit.  I drove Sierra to school and later picked her up.  Total time out of the house:  10 minutes.

I walked Wolf three times around the block.  Total time out of the house: 15 minutes.

Jeremiah and I went to the drive-through at McDonalds for his lunch.  Total time out of the house: 10 minutes.  I offered to drive him around town some more but it turns out 10 minutes out of the house was his limit.

In the afternoon I talked on the phone to my friend Laura who was 4 boys under the age of 5.  She understands being stuck at home.  In fact, while I was talking to her she was driving somewhere with the youngest screaming his head off in the back seat.  It made me feel a little better about being in my quiet home at that moment.

I talked with the Cheese Puff Angel, and with the Health Food Angel.  I took pictures of the foods they brought me so you could see what we are eating:





There, you can see I have all the bases covered, nutritionally speaking.  The only thing I am about to run out of is, shudder, coffee.  I am already imagining a drive-through Starbucks run.  Sierra wears one of the hospital masks I have in my work bag when she gets in the car with Jeremiah.  She may yet get the flu but it will not be because we didn't try as hard as possible to keep her healthy!

Speaking of Sierra, she asked me the other day if she could shave.  I said, no, you are too young.  Then she tried a different tactic.  Ok, I guess you can shave that Pancho Villa mustache off, honey. 



I think it's time to vote, gentle Readers.  Yes - Kim has maintained her sanity.  No- Please call in the National Guard to deliver coffee and a massage therapist. 

Thank you for agreeing to participate in this experiment!

5 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

I wonder if you are really almost out of coffee. Or if you just want to do a SB drivethru run, because the closest SB drivethru's are in south Bloomington, and that would be a nice long drive ...

Oh, as for my vote, my honest answer is #1, because you sounded saner than I would when we spoke yesterday, but since #2 gets you a rather nice prize, especially if the NG sends a handsome man who can do massage, I'll vote #2.

ted tingley said...

There was time when you wanted to shave but I said no. It wasn't your face or your mustash.
You were the only one who ever ask me I believe.
The rest just went ahead and did it. Well, I guess Mark hasn't yet as far as I know.

Unknown said...

I like the glass of wine in the very corner of the health food picture. :)

Kathleen said...

But I think you should stop eating Kleenex.

Collagemama said...

I pray you have all been sick at the same time, and then you can all be well. The worst was the serial chicken pox. Just when one son got well, the next got sick. It started Christmas Day 1987, and dragged on past MLK Day of '88. I knew if I heard saw more Wee Sing vhs video it was going to be bad, VERY BAD.