About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting Organized, Or Not

Yesterday it was pointed out to me, from the backseat of the car, that there are only 363 (well, now 362) days until Christmas.   And later it was pointed out to me that there is a new Kidz Bop CD coming out soon. So I can put it on the list for next Christmas.  In case I was making a list at this point.  Which I suppose would be a good idea.  I could become one of those organized people who actually shops for Christmas gifts during the entire year.  The problem with that would be that I would never be organized enough come December to remember where I had hidden those perfect gifts.  Then I would be shopping on the internet at the last minute just like, well, this year...

I think I will not make any New Years Resolutions to become one of those organized people.  I think I will resolve to be more content with my somewhat disorganized self.  As long as I can eventually find the cord that connects the camera to the computer, and the camera, and even the computer, and as long as I don't lose anything valuable like one of the kids, I think my first resolution for 2011 will be to make peace with my disorganizational skills.   I suppose I ought to own up to the fact that about 26% of the grey matter in my brain is usually thinking "now where is that thing I need and what is it called?"

Okay, it's not that bad.  Yet.

I seem to be having a bit of diffculty just organizing my blog-thoughts today. Some of this is due to interruptions from the little people in my home.  They got up at 6 a.m.   Jeremiah is wide awake and requring frequent interactions with his mom.  Sierra is dozing on the other couch.  Wolf is doing the same at the other end of the couch.  They look like bookends, curled up like mirror images of each other.

The sun is coming up and the sky is a beautiful lavender gray color.  Jeremiah wants to go outside now and "shovel something" which sounds like a good early morning activity for a growing boy.  I think I should go and organize a shower and some breakfast now. 

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I hate to tell you, but you inherited your Mother's DISORGANIZATION.

I had a friend in Tullahoma that had the most beautiful sewing room. Everything was color coordinated and rolled like bolts in a store.

Well, I thought, I CAN do that too. So I went home and reorganized all my fabric like Carol's and couldn't find anything I wanted. Finally gave up and put it all back in the shoe boxes I had in the first place and was happy as could be.

Kathleen said...

I still look for things in places they used to be....