About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Naughty or Nice?

SNOW makes my kids giddy.  They got up at 630 and headed out the door, decked out in this year's winter boots and last years snow pants.  Jeremiah's are fine but Sierra's are too short, so that will be on the thrift store shopping list this week. 

According to the Bizarre and Wacky Holiday web site, today is Santa's List Day.  This is the day when Santa puts your name on the naughty list or the nice list.  Parents around the world who use the overhanging threat of coal in the Christmas stocking to try to keep their kids "nice" during the month of December are blissfully unaware of this holiday, or at least they are confident that the kids do not know that the list is cast into stone 3 weeks before Christmas actually arrives. 

Here are some factors that influence on which list my kids are going to be found.

1.  Yesterday morning I brushed my hair with my very own personal hairbrush only to find that a large blob of Kids Crest (blue gel version) was in my hair.  Sierra immediately took responsibility and said it was an accident, she tried to clean it out, then "forgot" to tell me. 

2.  Jeremiah and Sierra had a screaming match in the garage a little while ago over an accidental kick in the behind from one to the other followed by an intentional punch in the face from the other to the one.  They are now peacefully hanging out in separate but equal spaces. 

3.  Last night they were completely wonderful angelic kids and we all slept peacefully together in mattresses on the floor with Wolf nearby, after we ate "blue tray"* and popcorn for dinner, and had mint chocolate ice cream for our bedtime snacks.    At least four times they said "I love you, Mom" without any conscious solicitation on my part...except perhaps for letting them scoop their own humongous servings of ice cream. 

* blue tray:  pepperoni, cheese, olives, grape tomatoes, carrots in an hors d'oeuvre tray that is, of course, blue

 Right now I was just thinking that Santa's elves are probably on the fence about my two.  Then I looked over at Wolf and realized, oh for gosh sakes.  They have nothing to worry about.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hmm...I thought I commented earlier. Did I forget to type in my codeword? I wonder if it was naughty or nice?!

Ellen said...

Well, I KNOW I commented earlier and I thought it got posted but yesterday's comment disappeared too.

I just cannot get over how BIG these two kids are getting. Sierra is growing like a weed. A nice weed. :)