About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Could Not See the Eclipse

I woke up at 3:14 this morning, aware that the eclipse must be winding down. But I could not see it because of the the thick cloud cover here.  If not for that cloud cover I'm sure I would have gotten my happy behind out of bed to go outside, even with snow and ice and very cold temperatures in order to catch a glimpse.  I would have gone outside even with Wolf looking at me quizzically and thinking:

Alpha Mom?  Are you Nuts?  It is the middle of the night.  It is the first day of winter!  It is...oh look, look LOOK!   Hooooowwwwwl!  Mom look at the Moooooon! 

Or something like that...

Instead I stayed in bed because after I peeked out the window and saw that no miracle of cloud-clearing had occurred I knew I'd just be going outside to see a bunch of clouds.  Yawn.  I stayed in bed and thought about the eclipse instead.  That was nice and much warmer and with less dog-howling involved.

This morning I'm sure I will get to see pictures of it on TV anyway.

Well, it is indeed the first day of winter.  The last day of school for the kids until January 5th.  The first day for me to go back to work in over 10 days.  I am relieved to be going back to work.  I missed my work.  I missed it a lot.  I love what I do and I know what a blessing that is.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Dang, I forgot about the Eclipse. Glad you can go back to work today and I'm sure they will be HAPPY to see you too.

Kathleen said...

Happy Solstice and Post-Eclipse Day to you, dear. It is a wonderful thing to love your work. I agree with Ellen that they love you, too!