About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mango Glory

At about 830 this morning my mom called and asked if I was okay.  Sure, I said, Why?  Well, you haven't blogged yet, she answered.

Oh, yeah.  I slept late.

So for those of you setting your clocks by my blog each morning, sorry.  And to Mom, thanks for checking in!

The kids seemed pretty darned healthy this morning when I dropped them off at Francisco's house.  He seems to have arrived just in time for a week of healthy winter break fun with the kids.  Then off again to Ecuador for a month.  I'd be really annoyed right now about that except

1.  I am resting on my happy fanny on the couch knowing I can sit here as long as I want.
2.  He brought me 6 "mangoes de chupar" from Ecuador.   Here they are...


...oh wait, there are only 5 because I ate one of them before I even got back to the car this morning...yummmm!  Best. Fruit. In. The World.

Oops now there are only 4...how did that happen?

These mangoes are only available during the months of November and December, and they only grow in certain areas of the South American coast, and no one in the US seems to import them.  I don't know why because they are so good.  There is no way to eat them without looking ridiculous and making a big juicy mess of your chin and hands.  The Elixir of the Messy Goddess (sister to the Chewed Up Goddess).  Anyway, I really really like them.  I could ask for them for my last meal if I ever get caught for...oops.  Nevermind.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Chupa, chupa, chupa los mangos!!!

Kim said...

or the magos...

Unknown said...

Mangos de chupar una delicia inalcansable en usa