About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Garbage Night Eludes Me

Last night I realized that I was operating on the incorrect assumption that it was Monday.  All day I had done my Tuesday tasks (taking kids to the right place for gymnastics camp, working my Tuesday schedule) but when we got home  I made tacos for the kids because we usually have tacos on "Mexican Mondays" and I got ready to take out the trash.  Just as I started to gather up all the little trash bags to go out to the garage, I stood up and said

Self, this ain't Monday!  So I stopped worrying about the trash and said

Kids!  It's not Mexican Monday!  It's Taco Tuesday.

They just looked at me over the tops of their tacos and made crunching sounds.  I think they looked at each other with a little eye rolling, too, but I couldn't be completely sure.

So I'm going out on a limb here and say that today is Wednesday.  If I'm wrong would one of you please call me? As soon as possible?  Whew, thanks!

Today I am going to have coffee with my boss.  We are meeting at Starbucks and probably we will talk for 2 minutes about work  before we just start chatting so we can call it a meeting and get paid for our time.  Or not.  We might just launch into the reasons we have both needed to, as she puts it, keep sharp objects away from our faces lately.  She is a gem.  (I can say all these nice things about her without it being "kissing up" because she doesn't read or even know about my blog.)  I am glad she is the person who has to deal with the cruddy stuff that falls from above in a big organization like ours.  I think of her as a very good umbrella.  I just stand around while she shields me from as much of the rain as possible.  And when the winds start blowing and try to turn her inside out, I will try to help her as much as I can.

I suppose I could make another New Years Resolution today.  As you may recall, yesterday I resolved that in 2011 I would make peace with my Disorganized Self.  Today I will add that I will try to get the garbage out on the right night.  Unless I'm busy honoring my disorganized nature on Monday evenings. 

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I think today is indeed Wednesday, my day off. I hope to get together with my sister today and maybe get a hold of you later. Or you might run into my daughter at Starbucks!

ted tingley said...

I was organized once. Then I got discharged from the navy. Then I finished collage.
Then I got married. Then I had children. Then I got old. Then I read a book on how to be happy.