About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, December 20, 2010

Move Over Calvin and Hobbes

I have no idea whether both kids will make it back to school today, but there is at least a chance.  Jeremiah still slumbers at this moment.  Barring setbacks...well, let me not get ahead of myself here.  Let me not get ahead...

IF I can get out of the house today, I have many errands to run.  Thank goodness for online shopping, because I actually got almost all of the kids' shopping done last week and the gifts have already been delivered by Fed Ex and/or UPS.  I have wrapping paper already.  But curiously 2 rolls of tape got used for "art projects" yesterday.  So I will need tape and some ribbons.  Or someone to come and wrap the presents for me.  Even better.  Because I have inherited my mother's gift-wrapping-gene.  It causes my gifts to look like perhaps they were put through a wringer washer before I give them out.  I don't mind having this gene, but I think, in all fairness, that I should ALSO have been given her finding-four-leaf-clover gene, which I clearly have not.

So if I can shop today then I can also get some pictures of the kids printed out and picked up at Osco's to send to the patient friends far away who still faithfully send me a holiday card every year in spite of receiving one from me about every 2 years and often not until January. 

Speaking of photos...Sierra and Jeremiah started working on a comic strip together about a skunk who is a mime.  Sierra kept calling it a "mine" at first.  She built this 3D prototype.



The running joke in the comic strip, when they get around to drawing it will be that the mime will look one way then the other, and as he looks the second way a different animal will come out of nowhere to knock him down.  She laughed and laughed her little 8-year old head off about that.  That skunk is not Sammy.  Sammy was in the prototype, too:

He is wearing some kind of collar and tie, and carrying a paper-clip cane.  Fashionable, indeed.  She said, kind of like Yogi Bear.

When they get around to actually drawing the strip we will be publishing it here.  Until it gets syndicated, of course.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I can wrap presents...but transportation slightly limited lately by a bit of pole dancing that dislodged the driver's side mirror. Everybody's fine, but there will be a little less 16-year-old driving for a while. And a little more strategically placed duct tape.

ted tingley said...

I think if the mime learned to sing or act out
the skunk song, it will offer him/her a higher level of protection.

Kim, you had a sister who tried to see had close
she could come to mail boxes when she stated driving at 16. I don't believe she ever hit one.

Ellen said...

I am SO glad you have a friend that can wrap presents. Didn't we say that's why God invented the bags?

I think the comic strip should be sent to Chicago Times or some great newspaper that has class and will recognize talent when they see it.

Kathleen said...

(Is Ellen calling me a bag?)

Kim said...

Kathleen - she gets confused sometimes, not to worry.