About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Spy Who Might Love Me

Saturday is here, and the dog woke me up earlier than the kids for a change.  He's been out, stared at his food bowl, and drank some water, now is up on the couch and if he were in a cartoon strip there would be a bubble above him with the words "I want to go for a walk NOW...please oh please oh please oh PUHLEEZE..."

He's not wearing the bunny ears this morning, in case you were wondering.

He got so excited about one of his walks yesterday that I swear when he saw the leash he jumped and all 4 legs left the ground at the same time.  Not bad for my old dog.

Well, he'll get his walk, and then he'll want another one 15 minutes later.  Sorry Wolfster.  You can't always get what you want.

He won't get to go on vacation with us in 2 weeks, which he doesn't know about yet.  He also won't get to go visit his dog buddy Wilson because Wilson's owner moved and isn't dog-sitting anymore.  ACK!  What am I gonna do?  I have 2 weeks to figure it out, I'd better get going on that. 

Wolf would love to go on vacation with us, run on the beach, and pee all over a whole new state. He'll have to settle for some new friends somewhere closer to home, and some new bushes to water.

Later today the kids will be with their dad, and I'm going to work a few hours (I got suckered into volunteering...what kind of backbone gene am I missing, anyway?) and then later go to a movie at the Normal Theater with Willemina.  It looks good, and I've never been to a movie at the Normal Theater that wasn't worth seeing.  I've never won the door prize either.  So maybe this will be MY lucky day. 

Speaking of movies, the kids were watching The Spy Next Door on DVD last night, and they decided that I should get married again to a spy.  Now I did tell them I had no intention of dating anyone or marrying again, and certainly not a spy.  Or Jackie Chan, which was what they REALLY had in mind.  An actor who plays a spy.  They assured me that I'm cute enough to get a guy like Jackie Chan.

Is that a compliment?  Ummm...

No comments: