About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Miah!

My mom's blog yesterday about the made-up-words you have to type to comment on blogs cracked me up!  And then she had to type the word FLUCK to comment on MY blog. Which cracked me up even more.  As I wrote back when I saw that:  "I'm laughing so hard I might PLISS my PLANTS!"

So DLAMN, FLUCK, SHLIT (a kind of beer, I think) and PLISS!  Four of the words you used-to-not-be-able-to-say-on-television.  The others really are...very very blad!

Enough of this schlitz...

Jeremiah's team won their game.  He walked a buncha times and struck out once.  I think only one kid on his team actually got a hit.  Lotsa lousy pitches from the other team.  He made 3 great plays in the infield at shortstop and third base.  Everyone loved the cupcakes for a snack, and the coach was shocked to learn how young Jeremiah is.  He is certainly the youngest player on the team.  Coach told Francisco, "he's a natural athlete"...well, yeah, that's true.  I wish I could take credit for it, but the credit goes to...my mom who gave him a foam baseball when he was a baby and he started throwing it overhand before he could even sit up.  I kid you not!

I bought 24 cupcakes at Jewel for the game.  After the players and their siblings had their fill, there were 8 cupcakes left.  (Sounds like a 3rd grade math problem...)  I asked Jeremiah if we could have the leftovers for his actual birthday so I don't have to turn on the oven in this sweltering heat.  He'd just finished playing a game in the sweltering heat, so he was into the idea.  YES, he said.  HURRAY, I thought.

I really did get lucky, getting him for a son!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday to your boy!

Hot Dlamn!

Ellen said...

Well, as much as I'd like to take credit for Jeremiah's athletic ability I don't think I can. He IS a natural and makes it look so easy. I hope I live long enough to see what he decides to do in life.

I LOVE your play on words, Kim and Kathy. I never thought of doing that. YEA!!! I could type a church Newsletter now. RIGHT!!!

I also wanted to say I think Jeremiah got lucky too when he picked you for a MOM. I told you one time "God would know when it's right" and SHE did.

Love to you all , mom/gramma