About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Batter Up!

Hummus is In The House!

Just thought I'd mention that, as the title of my blog IS Hummus Anonymous and I have been remiss in writing about hummus lately, in favor of writing about kids, fame, and backhoes.

It's my old standby, Sabra Pine Nut Hummus.  Which also has a very small amount of roasted red peppers and those are very good in very small amounts.

Last night Jeremiah and I watched the All Star Home Run Derby.  It is an amazing thing to watch those guys pound ball after ball into the seats...400, 440 feet away.  Holy heck!  How do they do that?  Well, for one thing, they keep their weight onto their back foot as long as possible so that they use their whole body to swing and not just their arms....The commentators gave us a physics lesson!

The numbers of home runs the players are hitting in the regular season this year is down from previous years. No one seems likely to hit more than 50, which is still an accomplishment.  But it's the post-steroid era.  I hope. 

Tonight is the All Star Game, this year it's in beautiful southern California.  P-Dub might have seen some of the players at the airport yesterday! 

I will probably watch some of the game.  I know as a fan of baseball you'd think I would watch all of it.  Once upon a time I did watch the whole game with friends as a yearly ritual, my fantasy baseball league friends.  We didn't care so much about the game as getting together...3 times each summer....The Draft, The All-Star-Game and the End of the Year Party.   Yes, I'll bet you didn't know that I started a Rotisserie League back in the 80's when it wasn't very popular yet.    My team was called "Them Pigeons" (we lived in Chicago...).  I never once won money in the 3 years we did the league.  But I had great fun and for a while knew every single player in the Major League and most of their stats!  AND every year the winner of the league, who got like $100 or something, got a botte of Yahoo chocolate soda poured on their head.  So winning wasn't all that attractive anyway.  

The Yahoo ritual was in the official rule book.  I would never have thought THAT up on my own!

 And now, because I know some of you don't like baseball OR hummus, but have read faithfully to the bottom of this post, here is a photo of the collage my Sunday School class made this week:


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy World!

Anonymous said...

Thanks,Kim! Here on my (P-Dub's) first morning back in So Cal, I have had my morning visit/one-sided chat with you! Yay for my old computer! And the collage is beautiful - one to be kept and displayed.

Ellen said...

This would be a GREAT banner. Very smart kids up there.