About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Demise of the Snack Shack

It finally happened.  Rain came down.  The tarp blew off.  The Snack Shack got wet beyond help.  Sierra was sad, but when she smelled how bad wet cardboard's odors are, well, she was all for saying goodbye to the snack-shack-and-van.



She drowned her sorrows in a new project.   "I'm tired of baking-soda volcanoes," she informed me.  "Really?"  I thought.  "When have we ever made those?"


Note to self:  check inside Sierra's closet today while she is at camp.


"I'm going to make a new kind of volcano."


All I could think is "Mother Nature, Watch Out!!!"



After a flurry of activity creating the scene (Ecuador)



and a secret internal device for the volcano was loaded up with baby powder (!) and tested, the demonstration was ready.



Pay no attention to the man behind the screen..I mean, the girl blowing into the straw...


Kaboom!  Baby powder explosion!!


Well, it made her so happy that we saved the volcano.  I think we can use it in future garage cleaning lessons!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I like the geography aspect. Baby powder volcano based on actual volcano! How educational!

Watch out. There's a door-to-door salesman out there....

ted tingley said...

MOTHER NATURE TOLD ME THIS MORNING,
SHE'S GOING TOGET IT RIGHT ONE OF
THESE DAYS!