About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Family that Blogs Together

I helped my dad set up a blog.  You can read it at http://www.tingleytime.blogspot.com/ if you so desire!  Then when I emailed my siblings to let them know that both Mom and Dad are blogging AND that Dad is completely capable of typing in both upper and lower case letters, which is a shock to our entire family, my brother decided being a Blogging Tingley was the way to go.

His blog is at http://www.initialonly.blogspot.com/.    Yes, my brother, the handsome guy you all met at my 50th birthday party.  Oh, wait, none of my followers are single.  Except me.  So forget that.

Ok, not that my Dad isn't handsome, too...but you know, he's taken.  By my Mom.  Ellen.  Who has a blog, too:  http://www.lizting.blogspot.com/.

I DO like how 2/3 of my family now has a blog.  I think they all thought, well JEEZ if Kim can do it, so can I!  And they can.  And I like reading all my friends' and families' blogs.  Blogging is great!  And my family is totally hip in a blogging kind of way.

Ok, maybe I am kind of pathetic in my excitement here.  But you all know, the whole celibacy thing is starting to wear a little thin and I have to get my jollies where I can.

I'm also getting my jollies finding music for my personal playlist on http://www.playlist.com/.  How can I get my music to play on my blog?  Susan?  Mark E?  Help me?

Off the subject of blogs and on to other topics of interest..to me...

Redbook Magazine.  Ok, for some reason I was looking at a Redbook magazine yesterday and I had this bad bad realization.  The LAST time I looked at a Redbook magazine I didn't like it because it was for "older women"..in my mind at the time, anyway, and I was probably 22.  Then flash forward to yesterday.  In my mind, Redbook is still for older women, but as I flipped through it I realized...oh my Gosh...it's for women in their 30's who are way younger and cuter than me!  And who have probably had blogging families forever.  So more hip, too!  I'm over the hill in a Redbook kind of way and didn't even have 5 minutes of enjoying that magazine.

Next topic..food.  Tuesday I went to the Uppity Town farmers market and bought a bunch of great food...tomatoes, green beans, sweet corn, new potatoes, and a loaf of Olive Ciabatta from the Medici bakery.  Then later I went to pick up my Henry's CSA share..onions, fennel, carrots (rainbow colored!), lots of cucumbers (after reading Caroline's blog entry about pickles I understand why there were so many cukes...they are the rabbits of the July vegetable garden, aren't they?), and more tomatoes.  Then I came home and ate....hummus and the olive bread.

It was so good I forgot all about Redbook magazine.  I'm thinking of Vanity Fair, instead!

11 comments:

Ellen said...

I DON'T believe it. Mark? A blog? Great

I don't have time to write him this minute but will later. This is better than Facebook IF I just knew how to put pictures on here.

Susan Ryder said...

Music: Add your netplayer as a gadget in the design mode of your blog. Speaking of design, your new one is PRETTY! A photo of yours?

Mark: My sister is single. How old is Mark?

Susan Ryder said...

Or wait, maybe you add the music player from the playlist.com site itself, I think there is a button to add it to your Blogger blog. I got confused planning Betsy and Mark's wedding, sorry.

Kathleen said...

Can I be invited to Betsy and Mark's wedding? I blog, too.

initialonly said...

These people don't know me very well, do they? Besides, someone ask Mom about Mark's next wedding and see how long they continue breathing...

Anonymous said...

I like your phrase "Uppity Town Normal" - an almost-acceptable compromise. If it's not copyrighted, I may begin to use it sometimes too. (P-Dub)

Kim said...

These and other topics will be discussed joyfully at tonight's book group...Mark, I promise to protect you from the clutches of women everywhere! P-Dub, I wish you could be here tonight. Yes, you may use the phrase Uppity Town Normal. No royalties necessary or you may pay me in hugs come August!

Kathleen said...

I think Uppity Town Normal would be an acceptable compromise location for Mark and Betsy's destination wedding.

Susan Ryder said...

Not to mention we already have clergy to perform their ceremony in Uppity Town Normal. I am getting teary just thinking about it.

Mark: Kim will meet Betsy in a couple of weeks when she is here for my 39th birthday -- if she approves, we'll somehow get around your mother and finagle an introduction.

Ellen said...

HA!!! That's what you think. I'm the one that meets the next Mrs. Tingley - BEFORE MARK.

Susan Ryder said...

Great Ellen! Just come to Normal sometime between Aug. 12 - 17 and check out your future daughter in law. :-D