About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Politics Aside...

In 1984, the year not the book, President Ronald Reagan declared July to be National Ice Cream Month, and the third Sunday in July as National Ice Cream Day!  Who says he wasn't a good president NOW?  Huh?

Actually it was probably this young man's idea to have national ice cream month and day. 

I think I'm going to ask President Barack Obama to declare October (my birthday month) as National Hummus Month.  And the 9th of October (my birthday) National Hummus Day.  I think this would cheer everyone up, take our minds off the economy, the wars, the economy, global warming, the economy, the mess in the gulf, the economy, and the economy. 

It would be timely, too, for the Democrats, to ride the coattails of National Hummus Month right into this fall's midterm elections!

Or maybe it's time for hummus lovers to declare their political independence and form a third (ok, ok, sorry Libertarians and Greens...a fifth) political party ...the Hummus Party USA.  Yes, we need the USA because it will soon have counterparts around the world.  Hummus Party Papau New Guinea, for example.  Now say THAT fast 3 times while chopping a garlic!  Watch out for your fingers!

Actually we might be better off if there were NO political parties.   Imagine!  Just people running on the issues.  Oh my goodness, silly me, what a crazy idea. 


Oh wait, it turns out George Washington warned the country against political parties when he left office as our first president.  Hmmm...What a smart guy!  I bet he would have loved hummus, too!  And ice cream, of course.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

What is your recipe for hummus ice cream?!

Susan Ryder said...

Since he had wooden teeth, I bet he would have loved hummus and ice cream too. But NOT hummus ice cream, that is just not right, Kathleen.