About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, July 19, 2010

Oil Change

It's Monday and I don't have to work.

I do have to get the oil changed in my car.  For the first time since I've owned this car, which I bought in September 2003, I went over the recommended 3000 miles between oil changes.  WAY over the 3000 miles.  When I realized it, I was so embarrassed that I was going to get the oil changed at one of those drive-through places instead of at the dealership.  (They know me there, for gosh sakes.  Doubly embarrassing!)

Then when I went to the "10 minute drive through" place, 2 things happened.  First they told me it would be over a half hour wait.  (That made me suspicious...do they know what they are doing?)  Then I remembered how Francisco's truck got ruined and had to have the engine rebuilt after something bad happened at one of those drive-through places.

So I backed up and got out of line, and tucked my proverbial tail between my legs and called the Hyundai dealership.

I got Renee on the phone.  She is always very nice.  Well, so is Robert, the other person at the service desk.  So, I said I needed to schedule an oil change for my car.  She said "We are busy until next Thursday."

Oh.

I said, well, I'd better go somewhere else because I had gone over the recommended 3000 miles and shouldn't wait so long.

She paused and asked my phone number.  That's how they look up who you are.

Oh, KIM! she said. 
Well...it's so nice to be famous.

SO, what IS your mileage?  she asked.  Then she guessed, about 1000 miles less than it actually is...

Ummmm,  I said.

Monday at 11, she said.

Great! I said.

And so that's what I'm doing today.  Along with some other stuff, of course.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Did you get it changed to tahini oil?!

initialonly said...

You know your brother had a transmission ruined by one of those drive-through places too. Glad you decided to bail on that idea.