About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Technologically Challenging Activity for the 50-and-Over Crowd

Here's the deal.

My sister Connie (barely into her 40's) and my brother Mark (just generally "too young" i.e. not yet 40) did this cool thing on their blogs yesterday in which they followed several steps to create their own album cover.  I, too, followed the steps

1.  Go to wikipedia and click on Random, and that entry is the name of your band.

COOL!  My band's name is, (no I am NOT making this up)  Empress Tiruwork Wube.

Ok, so far I am psyched.

2.  Go to quotationspage.com and scroll down to the bottom and take the last 4-5 words of the last quotation and that is the name of your album.

COOLER!  My album is called  More Important than Knowledge.

I'm incredibly psyched now.

3.  Go to flickr and the 3rd photo is your album cover photo.

AWESOMENESS!  Here's my photo for my album cover:

Oh, wait it's not a public photo.  But it's a gorgeous photo of steps leading up to a sky with gorgeous colors and light shining through clouds and...well you get the idea..A Stairway to Heaven so to speak (Oh NOW you get the music for the day choice!)

4.  Put together with Photoshop or something similar.

Ummmm....

Well, it's a great idea, and I bet my sister or my brother or some other followers who are under 50 and not technologically challenged can enjoy putting my cover together for me.  In the meantime I'm just enjoying calling myself Lead Singer for Empress Tiruwork Wube.  And claiming to have something more important than knowledge...obviously more important than knowledge of Photoshop anyway.

AND now, a little joke from my PT friend Mary about exercise for the over 40 crowd:

First start with two 2-pound potato sacks.  Lift to shoulder height.  Repeat 10 times.

After a few days, when that feels easy, increase to 5-pound potato sacks.   After that, 10 pound sacks.

Eventually you should be able to lift 2 50-pound potato sacks to shoulder height. 

After that is easy to do 10 times, you can increase the difficulty by going ahead and adding a potato to the sacks.

HAHAHAhahaha..haha..ha..h....whew, winded from all that laughing, er I mean exercise.

ps - if you want the exact instructions for the album cover creation go to http://www.connielouwho.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Well, my KIDS are ALL smarter than me but by golly even I can do that exercise - WITHOUT the stupid potatos.

Susan Ryder said...

The name of my band is:

Territorial Integrity

Me likey!

I couldn't find a quote at the bottom of the quotationspage.com (other than something about donating to Red Cross), so I clicked on "Motivational Quotes" and got:

"Giving More Love to Myself" as my album title.

Hmmm.

I went to Flickr.com and got this after clicking on the first photo three times, because there was only one photo, not three. And I love it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jam343/1703693/

My tour starts soon!