About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a Day!

I don't mean to brag here, but since I announced my intention to seek the job as Manager of the Chicago Cubs, they have gone on a winning streak of 2 games.  Not just any two games, though, but the first two in a series against....da da da DAH (imagine Beethoven's Fifth here)...the St. Louis Cardinals.  HA.  Game 3 in the series is today, and as I told my friend Todd, the St. Louis Fan, "my laughter will most certainly come back to bite me in the behind, probably today" but he wrote back on Facebook that "it's okay, everyone needs a little Hope."

The nerve of that guy!

Well, anyway.  Enjoy listening to Steve Goodman sing Go Cubs Go today, and thank you to Susan for carefully walking me through the steps of getting music on my blog.

Speaking of Susan, I thought her comment about putting her nightly medications in bon-bons was very clever.  I think if I did that, though I might overdose.  Then instead of thinking I'd died from an overdose of medication, my death certificate would say, "death by bon-bon"...which wouldn't be the worst way to go, come to think of it.

Yesterday while at Grady's fun park (yes, again...this time to celebrate July birthdays for Jeremiah, Nick, AND Isaiah!) I saw something else that seemed like it could kill you if you ate even more than one of them..


Yes, let me be the first to coin the phrase "Death by Deep-Fried Twinkie."  NOT available in places like Uppity Town Normal, let me assure you.  No, you have to drive to south Bloomington (gasp!) to get those.

The boys rode the Round Up.  Over and over. Here are the pictures from that adventure:


Legs belonging to Isaiah, Jeremiah, Nick, and some kid we don't know,  from left to right.


Up,


Up, and


Away!

Later they had sodas (all four kids had to be forced to sit down in the shade and relax for a few minutes and drink something, even in that heat!)  and they admired the ride that they had just been on.



When I got all four of them together, do you think I could get them all to smile for the camera at the same time?  I told Nick that someday he'll be sorry for that face, but he doesn't believe me.  HA!

Grady's had a benefit yesterday for Children's Hospital in Peoria, so half the money for the wristbands went to a good cause.   After riding every possible ride and playing some mini-golf, we headed back home for cake and ice cream.  It was a great way to celebrate!

And then the Cubs won, AND my Boston Legal DVD (final disc from Season Two) came in the mail from Netflix.  So all-in-all, a fine and dandy day!

1 comment:

Susan Ryder said...

Thank you. And you're welcome. If you want to borrow whatever Season of Boston Legal I have, let me know.