About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Help is on the Way

If you happened to read the comments on my post yesterday you would have noticed that not only did I make a mistake in offering to work Monday because when Monday rolled around I just didn't feel like it, BUT when the kids and I arrived at day camp where I drop them off before I go to work....there WAS no day camp.  HAHAHA!  It was then 9:05 and my first patient was schedule at 9:00.  HAHAHAHAHAH..A...ha..ha..h....

What the heck to do?

I called their dad and whined until he agreed to drop whatever he was doing at work and come take care of the kids.  I promised to be home by 1:00.  He was not happy.  But he did come over and while he was here taking care of the kids he mowed the grass.  The kids walked the dog.  They had lunch.  So, I guess what I'm saying here is... his happiness isn't really that crucial.  (Oh, that's mean.)

He did intimate that a blueberry pie would do a lot toward making him feel more charitable about my day camp mistake.  Which I was planning to make tomorrow anyway.  So...

It's good to be able to laugh at our own mistakes.  It helps when someone can bail us out, though.  Otherwise I wouldn't have been laughing.

Once during a speech in the US the Dalai Lama made a mistake while referring to one of the Buddhist sacred texts.  His translator just corrected the mistake while translating into English.  But lo and behold (I love that word, Behold!) the D.L. speaks a fair amount of English himself and corrected the translator.  Finally the translator humbly pointed out the error in the D.L.'s original words.  Ultimately they had to get out a copy of the text to resolve the question.

Then the D.L. said, into the microphone, "Oh.  I made a mistake.  HAHAHAHAHA!"

True story.

Again, someone to bail us out.  Ex's, translators,...friends, strangers, neighbors, firefighters, dogs...equal opportunity here in the land of the free!  So today, while eating hummus and enjoying life, think about those who helped you out of a jam and raise your crackers in a toast to them!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Kind of like forgetting your towel as you go to water aerobics, right?

ted tingley said...

MOM SAID YESTERDAY, " WONDER WHAT KIM
IS GOING TO DO WITH HER KIDS WHILE SHE
WORKS ON A HOLIDAY".

DAD

Kathleen said...

Legal holidays are weird. The pool was open for lap swim, but no day camp?

Kim said...

No day camp but pools open and Sierra had her Normal Parks and Rec swimming lessons!!