About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Day Off

For breakfast yesterday I had greek olives.  It was that kind of day, when I could do pretty much whatever I wanted.  I stopped answering my phone after the 2nd call from work by 9:00.  The kids were with Francisco.  I did the following:

1.  shopped for groceries
2.  laundry
3.  ate a bunch of really good food including the aforementioned olives, blueberries and yogurt, hummus (surprise!), fresh green beans from Henry's CSA, more hummus, coleslaw made with fresh green and red cabbage and carrots from Henry's CSA, and more hummus
4.  went out for iced coffee with Kathy at Borders and bought a copy of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
5.  listed to a few lectures on CD from my newly arrived "Great Courses" class on "Great Authors of the Western Literary Tradition"  (it's never too late to start a liberal arts education)
6. watched 3 episodes of Boston Legal.  I laughed so hard that I almost peed!
7.  listened to Terry Gross on Fresh Air interview a comic I'd never heard of and heard her laugh so hard that she snorted right there on NPR.  (I love women who snort when they laugh...my friends Patty, from PT school, and Gayle, from Minneapolis used to do that regularly.  I love it because it's so honest and unfeminine)
8.  went to the post office to mail my parents a package.
9.  made a blueberry pie for Francisco, which completes my atonement for Monday's day-camp-goof-up (otherwise known as dampgup)
10.  oh look I made up a new word!
11.  oops, i'm off topic now...let's see, yesterday...
12.  in yesterday's blog I asked Mom to make up a word for "free technical speech difficulties" but she didn't feel much inspirement on that one.  It is true, the best made up words ARE spontaneously done.  But what about frechspiff...sounds German or Dutch.  Hup Frechspiff Hup!
13.  I think I'm done now.

I have to go to work today...all together now....AWWWW!

See y'all tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Freach--a breach of free speech, esp. if it causes a freak out.

Freachout--1) a panic attack caused by a freach 2) reaching out to comfort someone after a freach 3) one of those confusing words that means two exactly opposite things at the same time, like "sanction"

Franction--the sanctioning of frank, free speech