About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Trip to Tennessee

Wednesday the kids and I drove to Lewisberg Tennessee.  It took us about 8 1/2 hours, including two stops for gas, one for breakfast, one for lunch, and several pee stops.  The kids watched 4 1/2 movies, including Agent Cody Banks, Homeward Bound, two Scooby Doos videos, and half of Madagascar 2 Escape to Africa.

Are you bored yet?  Now multiply that by 500!  That was our Wednesday.  Until we arrived, of course.

Once at Gramma and Grandad's things got more fun.  The kids played with some of their favorite old toys here and then got to play with Gramma's new Wii.  I got to catch up with my parents a little bit.  And Aunt Jill brought her friend Tim to visit and for dinner.

Tim totally entertained my kids with conversation, card tricks, and then taught my son how to play poker.  Oh boy.  In the middle of the evening there was a huge thunderstorm and the power went out for a couple hours.   It came on just in time for us to turn out the lights and go to bed.

Jeremiah is going to read the new John Grisham book for kids Theodore Boone Kid Lawyer.  So far we know that the kid's parents are both lawyers, their dog is named Judge, and Jeremiah is speculating that the kid wants to be a lawyer so he doesn't have to go to school.

Today may have some fishing, some swimming, and some reading.  And who knows what else.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hey, and the hero of the book is named after your...mom.

Kim said...

My mom is about to get her own name back, and her own blog! It's going to be under www.lizting.blogspot.com, but not yet...