About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Game Ball

After each baseball game, the coach gives a "game ball" to one of the players.  Last night Jeremiah got the game ball!  He played catcher 3 innings and did a great job.  He played 3rd base a couple innings and did a great job.  He got a nice hit to right field, after a long dry spell of no hits in a couple games. But I think the reason he got the game ball is that he stayed awake past the 3rd inning in the late game and hustled his little behind off in the field up to the very end. 

He's pretty excited about that game ball.  He came home and showed it to Wolf.  Wolf has no interest in balls or any kind of toys.  But Jeremiah was convinced that Wolf loved the game ball and might even chew on it some day.  So he asked me if I could buy a nice display box to keep the ball in. 

Of COURSE I can do that.  (Once I find out where...)

Sierra got to climb trees with Sam for only part of the game.  The distant sound of thunder made Sam's dad, wisely, suggest they get out of the tallest tree.  So then Sierra and Sam played with Sierra's homemade slingshot...which she calls The Catapult.  I think they were slinging little pine cones, which even the most nervous parent would probably find safe. 

Baby Matthew was back at the game.  (Remember the slobbered on Cubs hat?  THAT baby Matthew. )  While I was holding Matthew last night he let loose one of the biggest baby sneezes in the history of babyhood, right on my chest.  I looked down and said, "I have boogers on my boobs" and his mom said, "Yes, I bet you DO!"  Then Matthew went back to his mom and I went to get some kleenex.

After the game it was home for some ice cream and off to sleep.  A pretty great Friday night, all in all!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Boogers on My Boobs would be a great blog name, eh? Or band name.

Ellen said...

I bet WOLF LOVED seeing the game ball, what dog wouldn't want to see his best buddies game ball?

I was concerned there for a minute before I read that all you had were boogers on your boobs. COuld of been worse.

Sounds like you are having the best summer ever.