About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, June 27, 2010

More about the month of June

I had a wonderfully busy day yesterday with my parents.  Mom and I went to the poetry reading at the McLean County Museum of History in the morning.  We all went to Jeremiah's baseball game in the afternoon.  Yes, they played in that 90 degree heat and humidity and his team even won 11-6.  In the evening we went to the 10-minute plays at Heartland Theater, which were delightful.    After the play we chatted with some neighbors from over 30 years ago that we found were sitting next to us at the play!  (I felt like a rock star when a woman sitting next to my dad turned to us and said, "Excuse me, but are you The Tingleys?")    There was a beautiful full moon last night.  June's full moon is called Strawberry Moon.  I learned that on my fall-back website for blog ideas, the Wacky and Bizarre Holiday website.

While I was there browsing, I found an interesting fact:  June is Celibacy Awareness Month.  Are you aware of celibacy?  If not, consider yourself lucky.  I thought this was the celibacy decade.  Or is.  Or, you know...

And coincidentally,  June is also Entrepreneurs "Do It Yourself" marketing month.

Well, that makes sense.

So while you are being aware of celibacy and how to do it yourself, you can also celebrate:

National Watermelon Seed Spitting Week is June 20-27th.  It's amazing when you are aware of celibacy what other hobbies you find time for!

Decide to Be Married Day - today, after all that celibacy and doing it yourself awareness, you might just succumb to that one, eh?  Or not.

And finally, National HIV Testing Day is today.  Which you won't need if you are sufficiently "aware" of celibacy and don't get a blood transfusion in a remote developing country. But if you are deciding to be married you might consider it, anyway.

 Well, I have no strawberries or watermelon seeds.  But I DO have a refrigerator full of rhubarb.  So today I will be making rhubarb pies!  And being aware of all the blessing that June has brought my way.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Mmmm, pie! Happy Celibacy Awareness Month!

Connie said...

I love that you said "being aware of celibacy and how to do it yourself" in the same sentence....was that on purpose?

Kim said...

Of course, I'm clever that way!