About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let's Get Real, Here

When my parents, who are in their 70's, come to visit, I usually spend at least part of the visit trying to convince them to move back to Illinois, so that "I can help them when they need help."  Well, on this visit, here's how I "helped" them.

First my mom mopped my kitchen floor and cleaned out my refrigerator.  There are no Before pictures because it would just be too disgusting.  But here is an after picture:


Then the three of us tackled my garage.  Before:

After:

See how much I help them?

Finally my dad trimmed the huge, out-of-control Burning Bush in my front yard.  Just to be even more help, I made sure his trimmers were old, dull and rusty. 

Later mom did my grocery shopping.  I took a nap. 

I am proud to be such a big help to my parents. I really do hope they'll move to Illinois, at least part of the year, someday so I can continue to help them so much!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I would like to help your parents, too!

Susan Ryder said...

I help P-Dub in a similar manner.

Caroline Fox said...

Can I help your parents? Our garage is extra-gross and cluttered ...

Ellen said...

NOW JUST A MINUTE!!!! With sucha HELPFUL daughter, I don't NEED any of the rest of you HELPING ME. Look out P-Dub. If we DO happen to come to Illinois I think you and I need to form our own HELPING RULES.

mom tingley

Kim said...

Rules? What fresh hell is THIS?