About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Inspirement

If you've been reading this blog since it's inception, you know that my hummus addiction is partly due to my friend Aniko plying me with hummus last year on my trip to Florida.  And it was my friend Aniko who pointed out that the acronym for Hummus Anonymous is HA.  hahaha.

Well, today I will be sharing a story about Aniko's son, Simon.  He grew up in Ecuador, very very very bilingual.  And smart as a whip.  One day young Simon was talking about something that made him feel really good, and he said "it gives me a lot of inspirement."  Aniko and I thought that was a good word, just as good as the word he was looking for, inspiration.  Maybe even better.  Yes, definitely better.

In my mind, "inspirement" has been the quintessential made-up word.  But now that might be usurped by my mom's made up word, Beejeebies.

And here is the guy who was the inspirement for the word Beejeebies:


Told ya.

5 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Huh?

Kim said...

That's a photo of the guy who used to scare the Beejeebies out of my mom.

Kathleen said...

I have a lot of inspirement growing in my back yard right now.

It's very good in mojeebeejeebies.

Connie said...

I'm thinking of a made-up word that rhymes with beejeebies...kind of sounds like it...begins with "B" even! Maybe you should do a blog about THAT word!

Kim said...

No Connie, no no no. Or, well maybe someday.