About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Entry in Which I Pick on My Mom...Again

Thursday I had hummus and Triscuits crackers for lunch.  Triscuits are like shredded wheat smashed into a flat square.  It's not a texture I usually go for, but with hummus I like the combination.  Especially if the hummus is Sabra, the extra smooth brand (probably hydrogenated but let's not worry about minor health risks here....) and if the Triscuits have a little flavor like Garden Herb.  Okay, maybe not flavor, because honestly how can you add flavor to what essentially is straw, but the idea that there are garden herbs (what other kind of herbs are there?) makes it seem like it should have more flavor and...oh, who am I kidding?  I would eat hummus on cardboard and think it was just wonderful, because I so love my hummus.

There.  Yesterday I realized my blog has strayed from it's original purpose for too long, which is to...um..oh, write something every day.  Nevermind.

I am going to have to write a blog entry about Steve Goodman for the uneducated among my readers.  And my mom is gonna cry in shame when she realizes she actually said "I don't care" about this guy.  She thinks he's just some two-bit drug-addicted guittar-pickin' hippie...Mom, for shame!  Remember what you thought about Jose Feliciano? 

However, I am now feeling a little uneducated myself since discovering there is an 800 page biography about Steve out there.  Clay, thanks for finding and responding to my humble hummus blog.  I will definitely check out the book, and probably have to give my mom a copy for Christmas.

Tonight Jeremiah has another night baseball game "Under The Lights" is what the kids call it...we have a game under the lights.  I think he'll be lucky to stay awake into the 3rd inning, since he was up late last night watching Game Seven of the NBA Finals, and today he's going to a water park all day up near Chicago.  Sierra will spend the entire baseball game climbing trees at the park with her friend Sam (a real person, not her stuffed skunk).  And I'll be sitting on my happy behind watching yet another sporting event.  I love summer!

Well, I have to go now....time to call my mom and apologize.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

It is no 8:30 and I have not received that apology but then I didn't really expect one..:)

AND...for those of you that are interested she didn't mention Benny Goodman and I bet she doesn't even know who he is. AND...just for the record I can't remember Jose Feliciano either. Now you all know why MY blog is called "Musings of and OLD woman"

I love you anyway, dear, mom