About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Home Again

I just want to say that for the first time driving to and/or from Tennessee with my kids, we made the trip home today in less than 8 hours.  We stopped to pee and get breakfast in Clarksville (not on the last train), we stopped to pee and make lunch sandwiches to eat in the car somewhere in southern Illinois, and we stopped to get gas in Effingham.  Wait is that possible?  Two 8 year olds and a grown woman only stopped to pee twice in 470 miles.  We must have stopped somewhere else too.  But the two things I want to say are

1.  I'm proud of us for making this trip so quickly and easily, and

2.  I'm embarrassed that I even care how long it takes me to drive somewhere as if "making good time"  actually matters.  Not.

So, the trip was fun, and we now have Wolf back home, too.  He is  pretending to sleep on his doggie bed (an old kids Dora couch that apparently was very popular with the other dogs this week at Pam's house!) but I think he really is waiting for a walk. 

My plan for this blog was a reunion photo of the kids and Wolf.  But I left my camera in Tennessee, apparently.  So I'm back to fewer photos for the time being.  As in probably zero photos unless I can use some old ones!

3 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Welcome back! You made such good time you almost made it in time for church. Well, not really, but you were missed.

Kim said...

Yes, if I'd gotten up at 1 am and left by 2 am I could have made it in time to...collapse at the door of the church!

Connie said...

I can take pictures and email them to you...just let me know what you want photographed. :D HA HA HA!