About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, June 4, 2010

Ellen-isms and Theodore's Contraptions


I have been having a great time teasing my mom on this visit.  It's easy to do.  She once called my aunt and told her she had an autopsy that day at the doctor's office.

Oops, biopsy.

Well...this time I have a couple new Ellenisms for you.  And then after that you can find them on your own at http://www.lizting.blogspot.com/

Yup, my mom is going to start writing a blog.  Not every day, so she says.  But I'm sure it will be entertaining.

Wednesday she was talking about movies.  She was telling us about a movie with Denzel Washington in it.  Then later she said, No not Denzel.  No, it was..umm..that other guy.... 

Okay at this point I'm thinking Forrest Whittaker?  Or Danny Glover?  Or...

No, she had Denzel confused with that Other other guy.   Robert.  Robert Redford.  Colorblind casting would not bother my mom at all.

Thursday morning I helped my mom set up her blog.  Later I noticed she was looking at the computer and taking notes.   The piece of paper she was writing on was about 5 x7 inches big, and she was writing in large letters.  I asked her what she was doing, and she said..."I'm writing down what I know."

I thought if she didn't need a bigger piece of paper she should at least write smaller..  When I mentioned that she probably wanted to flip me off but she laughed instead.

On to my dad's ability to build fabulous things.  This is the pergola that he designed and built with no help.  He said the hardest part was getting the frame up against the house by himself. 


So on Thursday afternoon I was out in the garage and happened to look up.  Here is what I saw:


Then I got my camera to collect evidence.  I backed up and took a wider angle on the scene.


Then I realized there were not One but Two Wiley Coyote type traps in my dad's garage.


Well, all I have to say is if you make my dad mad, don't go out in the garage.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I like your dad's big deck.

I think Denzel should play him in the movie.

Connie said...

What the heck are those for?

Susan Ryder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Ryder said...

That said, Bob's big deck is pergola-less.