About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hummus, Basil, and Coffee (Not together)

I converted another friend to the hummus cause yesterday!  My buddy Willemina said she didn't like hummus, but after trying the Sabra brand pine nut hummus, she has switched to the dark side as well.   Bwah-ha-ha!

Of course she had to say she liked it, because she wanted me to witness a document for her and say she is of sound mind.  So, she didn't have much choice.  But I do think she really DID like it...she ate some even after I signed the paper, too.

I made a salad yesterday out of tomatoes, fresh mozarella, and basil out of my garden.  Topped with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar...it was so danged good.  I have some leftover mozarella and the basil is profuse,


so I think I will make more of that today.  If only my garden tomatoes were ready, too...ooh la la, imagine!...but they are not.

I am looking forward to getting some coffee this morning.  I am out of coffee at my house.  That is one sad thing.  But the weather outside this morning is cool and fresh, and I'm going to buy some coffee beans and make some coffee and sit on my happy behind on my deck. 

Have a happy hummus-filled day y'all!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm bringing a couple of our tomatoes from our garden. A bird tried to get one but I caught it before he ate too much.

Do I need to bring coffee too? :)

Kathleen said...

I made a salad yesterday of potatoes and green onions from the Farmers Market and the cilantro I grew from last year's seeds in a blue pot on my patio!

Kim said...

Got my coffee as soon as jewel opened!

Kim said...

Kathy, I have lots of green onions from the CSA if you want some more?