About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, June 28, 2010

Fighting and Pies...Not Pie Fights, Please!

I don't think I'm gonna get to write my blog right now.  My kids are whining, no wait, now they are fighting about which one of them woke up the other one and how.  So I'll hit the pause button and come back later.

(one hour later)

Revenge happens.  After bugging Sierra for a while, Jeremiah  finally received her foot planted squarely in his face.  A little blood happened, but I think he was more stunned than actually hurt.  I intervened at that point, per advice of Dr. Moore, local shrink, who says, "Let them work it out unless there's blood."

So, now they seem to have gotten their general irritation with each other's existence out of the way, and are back to being buddies.  What is it about siblings?

Well, now that peace is restored, I will get to the topic of the day which is chocolate pie. 

I'm gonna make a chocolate pie for my book group tonight.  I can't say why in much detail, because I'm gonna lend my copy of The Help to my mom so she can read it, but I will say that a chocolate pie is featured in the plot of the story.  No Spoiler Comments, Please, from those of you who've read the book.  Thank you.

I am going to confess now that the only chocolate pie I've ever made before today is just to make a pie crust (I'm good at that) and then put chocolate pudding in the filling and refrigerate  But since my book group members are women of refined taste and elegance...wait, let me say that a little differently:  Women of Refined and Elegant Taste...they are going to get a little more serious culinary endeavor.  For better or worse.  I might just get a box of chocolate pudding as a backup though.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Chocolate pudding and Cool Whip is refined enough for me. But I want your elegant pie crust.

And one of those rhubarb pies.

And some hummus.

Susan Ryder said...

Refined? Moi? Hardly. Pudding and cool whip works for me too. Or that boxed chocolate mousse mix is pretty good too. That's how I do pie.