About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Newest Career Idea

This isn't really a new idea, but I'm airing it publicly for the first time.

I want to own and run a retreat center.  I could employ most of my friends, too!  Susan would  run the spiritualish retreats.  Jean, the healing retreats.  Kathy, the writer's retreats.  Jill and Tony,  the art retreats.  Caroline would be the chef-in-charge and also run the crafty retreats.   She can bring Elizabeth to keep all our high tech gear working and also just to keep Caroline happy!

Looks like I'll be doing laundry, payroll, and washing dishes.  Fine with me.

Could we all live there if we have our own little cabins?  Space for kids and dogs to run.

Dad and Tony could do all our maintenance, remodeling, and repairs.  Ohh, looks like Tony will be the highest paid employee with double duty!  Bob could care for the grounds and also run the dog-training retreats.

We need a major gardener and goat herder or two as well.  Mom?  Okay, I'll help with the goats.

Okay, I'll take care of the goats myself and also any chickens.

So, God, what do you say?  Are you in?  Just chip in my 40 acres and a mule, and it's a deal!!!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sounds great. That big brick house near Towanda. We'll plant a forest around it, and dig a lake...

Meanwhile, do you and Caroline want to take a cooking class at World Gourmet? I know some people who would do it with you, on a Sunday night. Recipes include hummus.

Susan Ryder said...

Actually, this is my dream too. Bob could also lead outdoor adventures. Oh, and my anal-retentive gifts would do well running the joint when I wasn't being spiritualish.

ted tingley said...

DO YOU HAVE RETIREMENT PLAN FOR ME
WHEN MOM AND DAD REACH THEIR SECOND
50TH WEDDING ANNIVERSERY?

DAD