About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Gullibility

Okay, I have to confess, that wasn't really our family in the photograph yesterday.  But you were fooled for a minute, weren't you? 

Oh.

That really was Smokey the Bear though.  What?  He's not a real talking bear?  Not REAL?  Like the Tooth Fairy and Santa?  Next you'll tell me the Easter Bunny isn't... 

Oh.

No wonder we have so many forest fires anyway.  People probably don't take his advice seriously since he's a talking "cartoon" bear. 

(Are you SURE he's not real???)  Ok, ok, I believe you.

I've always been a little gullible.  At one point in my life I decided I would stop believing anything that seemed even remotely unlikely.  But I hated feeling so untrustworthy.  I decided I'd rather be duped than suspicious all the time. 

But there is one thing I've never been able to believe...anything I was told I HAD to believe.  Yup, you got it.  The whole Died For Our Sins business.

SO, let's review.
I believe almost anything as long as you don't tell me I have to believe it.  Or else.  Yup, you got it.
 
 What's that?  Why sure!  I'll be sending you that check for the Brooklyn Bridge tomorrow, first thing!  Thanks!!!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

You don't have to believe in me, but I'm glad you do.

Kim said...

Yes, I believe in the Poetry Goddess!