About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sofabed Part 2

The sofabed did indeed arrive.  The 2 delivery kids were fantastic.   I knew there was a chance it wouldn't go into the room I had planned for it, as the corner is a little tight up there and the hallway isn't very wide.   They were worried about scratching the wall with the feet of the couch.  They looked like they were 12 years old, but they figured it out like grown ups and got it in there with ease.  I told them I hadn't been that impressed since I saw three (big handsome manly)* paramedics pick up my 250 pound patient like he was a toothpick.  The 12 year olds smiled.  Then got into their big truck and drove away.  So I guess they were a little older than 12. 

*Please note, I omitted the words "big handsome manly" when speaking to the 12 year olds.

I'd take a picture of the sofabed, but right now it's made out into a bed and kids are sleeping in it.  You know, it's the new toy.  Soon I will show you my pretty, gently-used, sofabed.  Can you tell I haven't had a new piece of furniture in a while?  At least, one that I didn't find by the curb.

Yes, I did find one of my pieces of furniture by the curb.  No, I'm not telling you which one it is. 

I like having things that have been used by other people.  It's not only "green" and less expensive, but it's nice to wonder...who had this before me?  Did they love it but changed their color schemes?  Did they get tired of that beautiful blue flowered pattern?  Were they moving to a smaller home?  Sometimes when you buy something at a garage sale, you get to find that out.  But if you get it at a thrift store or a consignment shop, then you get to imagine. 

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I am now imagining 3 big handsome manly gently used paramedics.

Ellen said...

I was wondering if you took the twin beds to the basement and if you did would you like new bed spreads made for them?

Kim said...

Kathy, could I get one of those at a garage sale or thrift store?

Mom, I sold the frames and have the mattresses in MY NEW ROOM but I don't know if I'm keeping them or getting a "big girl" bed. So, no thank you to the spreads, for now at least!