About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wooden Floors

Dad finished the flooring project in the guest room yesterday.  It looks fantastic!  Here is proof of that:


I hope to get the furniture and "stuff" back in the room by the end of the week.  Then on to the next projects for Dad!

Sierra started basketball practice last night, also played on a new wooden floor at one of the local grade schools.  She is one of the two tallest girls on the team, and as such will be positioned right under the basket for the one offensive play and the one defensive position they learned last night.   The coach is the mother of four kids and a teacher for kids with learning disabilities and behavior problems.  She warned us parents that she gets loud at the games, but only in a positive way.  All positive.  "I'm all about the positive,"  she said positively.  I could see that in practice.  Mistakes corrected with gentle humor, like a fun Simon Says game. 

The team had 8 girls last night, and their name is The Dream Team.   Sierra's number is 10.  She is pretty excited about the first game on Saturday. 






3 comments:

ron hardy said...

What a cutie. And she can already palm the ball, Mom,

Kathleen said...

Thumbs up!!

Ellen said...

I can't wait to go to the game.