About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Day to Relax

Oh My Gosh.  The kids and I had a day where we had absolutely nothing we had to do.  It almost never happens.  It was fabulous.  We laid around in PJs and watched Despicable Me at least 3 times and Sierra and I both napped during the 3rd time through.  We played games.  We ate whenever and whatever we wanted.  (Breakfast at 10, breakfast food at dinner time, etc.)  We went out of the house together once to go to Ewing Park:


and then we drove through McDonalds for the kids to get whatever they wanted for lunch. (Though I did put some limits on sizes.) 

Wolf and I also left the house for some short walks.  I made a rhubarb pie for Dad which I will be giving him this morning.  Maybe he will eat it for breakfast!  This time I actually added the optional orange zest in the recipe in the most-loved-beat-up cookbook in the entire world.

Orange about to be zested:
Cookbook a la Velveteen Rabbit:


Sometimes I think I should get a new copy of this cookbook, but clearly all it needs is one big rubberband, and/or possibly a lot of duct tape.

In the evening the kids both said, "This was the best day ever."   Yes, little people, it was.


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I have been thinking of the velveteen rabbit lately, too. Wrote a whole blog entry about it in my fuzzy head.