About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well, Excuuuuuse Meee!

(Title by Steve Martin, thanks Steve!)

I set my alarm for 5:30 a.m. like always.  I turned the alarm off like always.  But then I put my head back on the pillow.  At 6:19 I happened to notice that I was not yet out of bed.  Dang, how did that happen?

So I have not yet done my River of Stones journaling nor gotten very far on my blog.  It's time to wake The Girl up.  'Scuse me, while I kiss the sky...

***
Ok, hot chocolate delivery complete.  The Boy is awake, too, earlier than he likes or needs to be awake.  And man, is he grumpy about it.  Whew! 

The kids were counting on a snow day today, but no early morning call arrived to give them that gift.  Instead, I look out the window and see that, again, my neighbors to both the immediate north and south have parked their trucks in the street close to my driveway so that when the snow plow comes through it will have to swing out into the street  and I will be left with an extra 4-5 feet to shovel at the end of my driveway.   Both of these neighbors have 2 car garages and 2-car-wide driveways that are not full.  But there must be something irresistably appealing about that spot right in front of my house.

I feel really grumpy about it.  Whew!

Sierra has had a substitute teacher the past couple of days and she does not like that.  The sub obviously adores Sierra, sending home nice notes on homework about her.  But Sierra is not easily won over, and she is wondering now if she can get me to keep her home today since she is pretty sure that her teacher is still sick. She does not want to go to school until her teacher is back. I'm been enlisted to check Sierra's temperature in that endeavor.  'Scuse me while I foil that attempt...

*****

Now it is time to move our day forward, with love and grace and grumpiness and snow shoveling and sad faces and laughter and some music from the kids' new favorite radio station WBNQ 101.5 which was my favorite radio station when I was in high school.  I think a little music and dancing in the kitchen is next on the agenda. 

'Scuse me...

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

You are excuuuuuuuuuuuuused!

Kim said...

Wow. I got out of the shower and both kids were getting ready to go out to shovel and sweep the driveway for us. Dressed, breakfast eaten, medicine taken, substitute teachers forgotten, dancing around in the hallway all completed within 14 minutes so they could go enjoy the snow.

ron hardy said...

Happy feet. Sounds like they got the contagion from their Mom,

Collagemama said...

Oh, gee, scuse me! I remember those driveway snowplow plugs. Thanks for the gratitude adjustment! I need to do a little Jimi every morning I don't have to manage snow removal at Dad's house long-distance.