About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Player to Be Named Later Arrives for a Visit

I missed two days of blogging.  Someone at church actually complained to me about that.  Thank you! 

I am back with a series of lame excuses.  Do you want to hear them?  What?  No?  You want what?  The truth.    Okay then:  Here's why I didn't blog this weekend:
photo by Miss Sierra
The poor guy was vetted by my book group on Wednesday night via speaker phone.  Met my parents this weekend.  Sat through two kids basketball games including one in which I got my blood pressure up to about 200/150.  Drove some ungodly number of hours to visit us.  My dog licked his foot.  He had to share the apple pie I made with my dad.  And yet he still wants to play for our team.   The manager of the team is pretty convinced he will be a good influence on all the other players.  

4 comments:

Collagemama said...

Wow! Very exciting stuff!

Kathleen said...

Smiling as big as you two are right now!

ron hardy said...

Actually I was photo-shopped into this wonderful photo. In reality I am downstairs asleep where the dog is licking my foot. And your Dad is truly a pie person like me. Kinship. But that's another licking story.

Susan Ryder said...

Great picture -- photo-shopped or not! And wonderful to meet Ron yesterday at NCC! Perhaps you could invite back in March to be our special book group guest? I promise not to snore.