About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, January 3, 2011

So Far A Little Stream of Pebbles

I read about the River of Stones writing project in Kathy's blog on Saturday and started think about participating in it.  My biggest question was "when would I make the time?"  I knew it would have to be each day at the same time.  I knew I would write long-hand in a journal.  I knew I would work on description, since that is one area I struggle with when I am writing.  I knew the time sitting quietly and focusing on something to describe would be good for me.

I did not want to get up earlier in the morning, but as it turns out that is my best, and perhaps, my only choice.  It's my best time to write.  It's the only time I can (usually) count on quiet and solitude.  Even Wolf is asleep at 5:30.

After 2 days of writing (the project is 31 days) I feel like I can put the badge on my blog:



I don't know if I will end up with a river of stones, a stream of pebbles, or just a little pile of dust.  Or some kind of boulder that dams up the flow.  But just like I said yesterday about this year, So Far, So Good!

3 comments:

ron hardy said...

It took time for the river to shape those stones. It sounds like you've began carving out that time Kim.

Kathleen said...

Yay for you and the river.

Collagemama said...

Seems like the project is at least as much about the noticing as it is about the writing. Such a great reminder to spend a tiny part of the day in the present moment.