About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Play by Play

Sierra made a basket yesterday in the first of two games her team played.  It was the first basket she has made in a game.  I was proud of her, but she was focused on how the other girls don't pass to her.  I said, "rebound the ball and shoot it, then."  We will see how that strategy works for her next week.

Jeremiah only played the last 3 minutes of his game because the time was changed from 10 to 9 and I didn't get the new schedule.  Coach Tyler apparently tried to call us about 9 when he realized most of the kids' parents didn't get the new schedule but apparently that's the call I ignored when I looked at the phone and said "hmm, I don't know who that is so I'm not going to answer that."  Coach Tyler apparently did not leave a message so we strolled in at 5 minutes to 10.  Anyway, Jeremiah was calm about it, and Coach was calm about it, and I felt awful about it. 

I now have the new schedule.

Today the kids and I will go to church, then come home and catch up on homework etc. before we watch the NFL ProBowl game at 6:00.  I have never watched the ProBowl before, but Jeremiah wants to watch it so I'm game.  (I'm game...one of those sayings that would drive an ESL student to tears..what!  What?  What does this mean she is game?  What game is she?  Oh I am so confused, English is so stupidly!) 



What game would I be?  Today I think I would be Scrabble.  The kids would be Battleship.

I hope we don't lose all our Marbles!  Have a playful day!
 

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm SO glad Sierra made a basket. NOW watch her go.

Well, sounds like a little mis-communication on some coaches part. Maybe he (the coach) learned something.

Kathleen said...

Me, Boggle.

ron hardy said...

I loved Battleship. We played it on paper making our own coordinates.