About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Things We Do For Love

Today I will be spending 4 hours at the Normal Public Library with the rest of the NCC Steering Committee during the marathon kick-off start-of-the-year what-have-we-gotten-ourselves-into-now first meeting of 2011.   One new member was smart and said he had to go to a chess tournament.  We offered to change the day.  Chess tournament that day.  As a matter of face, chess tournament every Saturday of the month.  Smart.  Except he forgot that rule of committees that states When a Member Is Not Present He/She Will Automatically Be Assigned the Most Odious Tasks That No One Else Wants To Do.  So how smart is it to miss the meeting, really?

Another not-very-smart thing to do is to offer to take on the odious-est of tasks on a volunteer basis.  That would be me, the next church treasurer.  Holy moly, what was I thinking?  I didn't think it would be such a big deal until I saw the beaming relief-laden smile on the previous treasurer's face when the end of 2010 rolled around and she saw the light at the end of the tunnel.  

And on a related note, my dad is going to watch my 2 kids and Nikki's daughter today during the meeting.  They will be at Francisco's house where there is a pool table, a Wii, and apparently a lot of jello with whipped cream in the fridge.  The kids are going to have a great time, no doubt about it.  And with access to all the church funds, I will be able to pay to get the jello stains removed from the pool table!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Shoot, I should of had you make lunch for this morning too -- you totally need more to do, HA!

I won't tell if you abscond with the church funds, as long as you split the pot with me.

Kathleen said...

Yes, what WERE you thinking?! I hope you don't return home to gelatinous...mayhem.