About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Odds and Ends

Yesterday I made hummus and then ate the entire bowl myself.  Nothing bad seemed to happen all day.  Whew.  The boy and his dad arrived home safe and sound.  I think the girl will go back to school today.  I will go back to work today as well.

The period key on my keyboard seems to be malfunctioning, I have to tap it harder than usual.  Or maybe it's my right ring finger acting lazy.  Or there could be some hummus under the key making it sticky.  It's definitely slowing me down on the typing front.  Not necessarily a bad thing, to think twice before I end each sentence.

I am reading Healing Dreams which is a very interesting look at dreams that give us experiences on many levels.  The author suggests that dreams may use US in some ways.  Now there is a thought that demands a pause at the end.  Last night I was reading through a recent journal and found that I dreamt about our dog a month before we got him:  "Dreamt I went to get a dog and/or a bike.  Dog too old but sweet.  I rode the bike until I came to where I knew a mean dog lived and then turned back.  Rode over a saw blade and got a flat tire."

So in the dream I get the bike instead of the dog.  But that didn't end well.  In life I got the dog.  The too old but sweet dog.  There's more to the dream, the saw blade and the flat, that beg some attention. But that will have to wait for another day and another bowl of hummus. 

Sweet daydreams!

When I read the journal entry about the dream, and to this moment, I cannot remember anything about this dream.  But I wrote it down on 11-16 and we got Wolf on 12-17.  Did you notice that Wolf spelled backwards is Flow?  Nah, me neither.