About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is that thunder?

No, it's my stomach growling!

Today I am trying hard NOT to think about hummus.  Or a peanut butter sandwich.  Or the Cookie Dough Ice Cream in my freezer.  I am on a clear liquid diet today to prepare for a medical test tomorrow, one we'd all rather not discuss in polite company.  But the thought of food...glorious food.  I am hungry to say the least.  Apple juice, 7 Up and soup broth just are not quite filling me up.  I don't know, maybe I could have some garbanzo bean juice?

There is a beautiful thunderstorm outside my window.  Wind howling, rain pelting, and some thunder along with my stomach noises. It's a good afternoon to be indoors at home.  Usually on a Wednesday afternoon I would be driving from one patient's home to another, getting myself and my big work bag in and out of the car and into their houses.  When it's raining I am always glad to see an open garage door or a covered porch.  Ringing the doorbell and waiting for someone with a walker to come and answer it can seem like a long time when it's raining cats and dogs.  Today, though, I get to sit on my happy behind (so far, anyway), listen to the storm, and drink 7-Up.

I am still trying not to think about hummus.  And failing. 
 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I think it would have been all right to eat the hail.