About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, April 26, 2010

Free Time!

One of the features of the retreat I love is "free time" which is Saturday afternoon from lunch to dinner.  I love lunch and dinner too, actually.  Usually during free time I take a walk in the nature center next door to the retreat center and look at the wildflowers that are bursting with color and divinity in April.  But this year it wasn't to happen.  What did happen is that I stayed up very very late on Friday night, then by free time on Saturday I was in quite intense need of a nap.  So I napped for two hours.  It was bliss!

I love naps.  I think I might have a passion for naps.  I also love sleeping in general.  And remembering dreams.  Actually I think what is happening here is that after a weekend of a retreat about passion I now feel like I love everything. What a great thing.  I'm feeling like the world is my hummus oyster.  I hope this feeling lasts through the day, or at least until my next nap.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

The world IS your hummus oyster! Eat it! Good for the passionate soul.

Connie said...

I love naps too...and dreams....but naps are the best! *sigh*