About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hummus WHAT?

Yesterday morning while I was working on my blog, my son was watching and looking at the pictures of Ubehebe crater and asking some questions, and then I heard him say “mumble, mumble, anus.” I kind of paused, then said, “Sorry, what did you just say?”

“Nothing, Mom.”

“Ok.”

More typing on my part, uploading a picture, more typing, some conversation with him about Death Valley and what caused the crater, and then again “mumble, mumble, anus.”

Finally I just asked point blank, “Did you just say the word anus?”

“No, Mom, I didn't.”

“Do you know what anus means?”

“No, Mom.”

“Are you sure you didn’t say anus?”

Then a little louder on his part, “Hummus AMOS?”

OHHH. The name of my blog. “No, honey, it’s Hummus Anonymous.”

“Well, what DOES anus mean?”

A little conversation here, I will omit the details. (If you don’t know what it means, ask your mom.)

Then, a pause and he said, “No, Mom, I’m pretty sure I said Hummus Amos all the time.”

Yes, honey, I’m sure you did.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Well, now he knows what anus means!

Was he also interested in what anonymous means? Let us hope no one ever starts a blog called Anus Anonymous.

And I fear the associations he may now make whenever hummus is offered as an appetizer.

Fortunately, there is the word tahini.

Kim said...

He seems to love garbanzos, recently eating them straight out of the can. I discovered this when I went to make hummus and couldn't find a can of garbanzos. So, maybe he will like hummus someday.

Kathleen said...

Please bring some of your famous hummus (and your famous anus) to our next book group meeting!

(Isn't that a famous brand of cookie?!)

Kim said...

In a strange coincidence, I received a package of Famous Amos cookies yesterday on the bus trip back from the IPA meeting in Peoria. Our bag lunch included a sandwich, an apple, and a package of cookies!

Kathleen said...

And soon Famous Amos will encounter...ok, I am not going to say it.