About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A True Story by Jeremiah



[spoiler alert by Jeremiah's mom: everyone is okay]





The is my dad:


My dad's alarm went off.  Sierra and I were scared.  We didn't know what to do.  It went off first.  I was sitting in my room, not knowing what to do, and yelling "Dad!"  My sister was scared, too.  She was also yelling "Dad!"  We went outside.  Dad called Mom and then he went to the neighbors' and then he went back to the house.  They tried to fix it, but they couldnt' fix it so then he went to the other neighbor's house.  Then Mom came and they all tried to fix it but they couldn't.  Mom called 911.  The fire department came.   Sierra, I and our friend Nolan tried to convince Mom to let us sleep at Nolan's but we couldn't, so we went home to Mom's house.  We saw our good dog Wolf.  Then Mom called Dad and Dad said it was just that the batteries were old. 
The end.



Epilogue by Jeremiah's mom:

The smoke detectors and the carbon monoxide detectors are very loud at Francisco's house!  I don't worry anyone will ever sleep through any kind of problem there.

One thing I've noticed since I started blogging is that both my kids seem more interested in writing, too, so from time to time you may get to read their work, for better or for worse.

My book club met last night, that's where I was when I got "the call." I thought that's what today's blog would be about.  Boy, just when you think you know what you're doing, the universe provides a completely different experience.




3 comments:

Kathleen said...

The universe really knows how to sound the alarm.

Kim said...

Amen.

Susan Ryder said...

Glad all is well! Darn batteries ....