About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Raising one eyebrow

I can't raise one eyebrow, just both together.  One of my sisters, I think it was Connie, taught my son how to raise one eyebrow and he is pretty good at it.  (Jill, if it was you instead, I am sorry.  I have the "over-fifty" memory problem.  And I've slept since then.) 

Yesterday after I wrote in my blog that he didn't raise an eyebrow at the scene in The Blind Side where the act of procreation is referred to, I had this great idea to get a photograph of him raising one eyebrow and put it in the blog.  Since my blog is low on photos.  Hypophotographia?  Yes, that's what my blog has.  Not a virus, just a condition that could have been fixed if my kid would have cooperated.  I got him to raise one eyebrow.  He looks adorable doing that.  And the rest of the time as long as he isn't doing his sassy kid thing.  Then the kids and I tried to see if we could wiggle our ears.  That was hysterical, since none of us could do anything except open our mouths and eyes very wide and grimace.  So far so good.  Then I got out the camera.  Suddenly everyone looked totally normal.  No facial contortions to be found in the room.  I asked and even said please.  I whined and begged a little.  I stopped just short of bribery because I have to keep some dignity as a mom.  I think I do, anyway.

So my blog is still sufferiung from hypophotographia (I like that word and I'm kind of proud of it.)  The last photos and the only photos are from the first day I made homemade hummus.  Which I tried to do last night only to discover I had no lemons in the house, and I wasn't about to run out to the store in the middle of the Duke-West Virginia game.  So no hummus OR photos yesterday. 

Today I will buy lemons, make hummus, and I'll be darned if I don't find a way to get Jeremiah to pose for the camera.  Maybe I WILL bribe him.

2 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

With hummus of course (the bribe). Or bungee jumping.

Kathleen said...

Also have a photo of Sierra eating a lemon!